Updated Facebook Terms (4/11/18):
Generally, we may collect and use personal information for many purposes, including, but not limited to: billing, product and service fulfillment, understanding customer needs, providing a better website, improving products and services, and communicating with customers and potential customers regarding our products and services with third-party products and services.
Facebook’s custom audiences feature enables you to create an audience using your data such as email addresses and phone numbers. When using Facebook’s custom audiences feature, your data is locally hashed on your system before you upload and pass such data to Facebook to be used to create your custom audience (the “Hashed Data”). Without limiting any agreement between you and Facebook, by clicking “I accept,” passing to Facebook the Hashed Data, or using custom audiences or advertising, you agree to the following:
* You represent and warrant, without limiting anything in these terms, that you have all necessary rights and permissions and a lawful basis to disclose and use the Hashed Data in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidelines. If you are using a Facebook identifier to create a custom audience, you must have obtained the identifier directly from the data subject in compliance with these terms.* If you are providing Hashed Data, you agree to use only provide the agency with data that is owned by you as the advertiser and not to augment or supplement the data with other data except as expressly authorized by Facebook. You represent and warrant that you have the authority to use such data on their behalf and will bind the advertiser to these terms. * You represent and warrant that the Hashed Data does not relate to data about any individual who has exercised an option that you have, directly or indirectly, committed to honoring or provided to opt out of having that data disclosed and used by you or on your behalf for targeted advertising. To the extent an individual exercises such an opt-out after you have used data relating to that individual to create a custom audience, you will remove that data subject from the custom audience. * You instruct Facebook to use the Hashed Data for the matching process. Facebook will not share the Hashed Data with third parties or other advertisers and will delete the Hashed Data promptly after the match process is complete. Facebook will maintain the confidentiality and security of the Hashed Data and the collection of Facebook User IDs that comprise the custom audience(s) created from your Hashed Data (“your custom audience(s)”), including by maintaining technical and physical safeguards that are designed to (a) protect the security and integrity of data while it is within Facebook’s systems and (b) guard against the accidental or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of data within Facebook’s systems.* Facebook will not give access to or information about the custom audience(s) to third parties or other advertisers, use your custom audience(s) to append to the information we have about our users or build interest-based profiles, or use your custom audience(s) except to provide services to you, unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.* Facebook may modify, suspend or terminate access to, or discontinue the availability of, the custom audiences feature at any time. You may discontinue your use of the custom audiences feature at any time. You may delete your custom audience(s) from the Facebook system at any time through your account tools.* You may not sell or transfer custom audiences, or authorize any third party to sell or transfer custom audiences
* These Custom Audiences Terms and, to the extent applicable, the Data Processing Terms, govern the provision by you of Hashed Data to us and your use of the custom audiences feature, and your use of custom audiences for advertising. They do not replace any terms applicable to your purchase of advertising inventory from Facebook (including but not limited to the Facebook Advertising Guidelines athttps://www.facebook.com/ad_guidelines.php), and such terms will continue to apply to your ad campaigns targeted to your custom audience. The custom audiences feature is part of “Facebook” under Facebook’s Terms of Service (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms, the “Terms”), and your use of the custom audiences feature (including your use of data) is deemed part of your use of, and actions on, “Facebook.” In the event of any express conflict between these Custom Audiences Terms and the Terms, these Custom Audiences Terms will govern solely with respect to your use of the custom audiences feature and solely to the extent of the conflict. Facebook reserves the right to monitor or audit your compliance with these terms and to update these terms from time to time.
When accessing the MattGartner.com website, Matt Gartner will learn certaininformationabout you during your visit.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanationbelow) and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies andserver logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websitesvisited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit awebsite, that site”s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drivespecifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser”spreferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it hasalready sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number thatis used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our webserver as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages yourequest) can be sent to you.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together withyour email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that weemploy in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone. This also applies when you registerfor our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site. Forfurther information see the email policies below.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providingcustomer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
Matt Gartner will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit oursite,unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred tounaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that thelaw requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription liststo third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, governmentagency, or company at any time unless strictly compelled to do so by law.
We will use your e-mail address solely to provide timely information about Matt Gartner.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is fromand provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also containconcise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mailcommunication from us.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by readingthe unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at anytime.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving thesecommunications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
Use of External Links
MattGartner.com may contain links to many other websites. Matt Gartner cannotguaranteethe accuracy of information found at any linked site. Links to or from external sites not owned or controlledby Matt Gartnerdo not constitute an endorsement by Matt Gartner or any of its employees ofthe sponsors of these sites or the products or information presented therein.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, allapplicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materialscontained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content andsoftware located on the site shall remain the sole property of Matt Gartner or its licensors.The useof our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consentfrom Matt Gartner.
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict orinhibit anyone else”s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distressor inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow ofdialogue within our website.
You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on ourwebsite for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If,at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, youmust ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
Use of Testimonials
In accordance to with the FTC guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, pleasebe aware of the following:
Testimonials that appear on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individualexperiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way. Theyare individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results. The testimonials are notnecessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
The testimonials displayed in any form on this site (text, audio, video or other) are reproduced verbatim, except forcorrection of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened. In other words, not the whole messagereceived by the testimonial writer is displayed when it seems too lengthy or not the whole statement seems relevantfor the general public.
Matt Gartner is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments postedon MattGartner.com. Matt Gartner is not a forum for testimonials, however provides testimonials as a means forcustomers to share their experiences with one another. To protect against abuse, all testimonials appear after theyhave been reviewed by management of Matt Gartner. Matt Gartner doe notshare theopinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on MattGartner.com – the opinions are strictlytheviews of the testimonial source.
The testimonials are never intended to make claims that our products and/or services can be used to diagnose, treat,cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. Any such claims, implicit or explicit, in any shape or form, have not beenclinically tested or evaluated.
How Do We Protect Your Information and Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send privateinformation to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you mayenter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. CreditCard information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
Matt Gartner may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for suchpurposesas assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and leastinterest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to allusers, Matt Gartneruses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or changeinformation, or otherwise cause damage.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Matt Gartner makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency orcompleteness of the content contain on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind, includingwarranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In noevent shall Matt Gartner or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever(including,without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death)arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if Matt Gartner has beenadvised ofthe possibility of such loss or damages.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that theconfidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website, please contact ushere: Mattgartner.com/contact
Matt Gartner180 Talmadge Road Suite#588Edison NJ 08817